Top Social

Deepika Padukone in Ralph Lauren | NYFW 2017

Monday, 27 February 2017

Happy Monday everyone! I have no idea why people say that, Mondays are hardly ever happy.

I had to dedicate a post to my all time favourite, Deepika Padukone in Ralph Lauren. Can we just take a minute to admire this absolute stunner! *swoon*
There's nothing more incredible as an Indian girl than to see an Indian actress sitting front row with the likes of Jessica Biel, Camilla Belle and Emmy Rossum at NYFW, especially for a designer as huge as Ralph Lauren. This was definitely something to be proud of. 
Of course Deepika was most recently in xXx: Return of Xander Cage alongside Vin Diesel, Nina Dobrev and Ruby Rose; and wore a fair bit of Ralph Lauren for the promotions of the film, so it was really no surprise to see Deepika at NYFW.

In my opinion a lot of stylists in Bollywood aren't that good, actually a lot of the time they are terrible, but this ensemble was incredibly put together by Shaleena Nathani, she is hands down the best stylist in Bollywood; not just because she styles my favourite DP (ok, maybe that helped a little) but she literally is the best. 



I love that she's gone for the same tones from head to toe. Deepika is incredibly tall and has quite an athletic physique (and of course she's beautiful). I love the way the dress separates at the waist, so it gives the illusion of a curvier body and I love anything with fringe details on it, so she was definitely speaking my language with this outfit. I think this outfit really compliments her beauty in the best way possible. 
Deepika is the kind of person that could walk in to a room with a bin bag on and it would look like a beautiful angel from heaven has descended upon us and she has made all the effort that is humanly possible to dress up. Yep, this is what I imagine the lovely receptionists up in heaven look like.
Her make-up was very minimal and glowy and her hair was up in a bun, which is good because a heavier makeup look would have overpowered the details on her dress and taken away from the simplicity of it all. I absolutely loved how minimal this outfit was but made such a huge statement at the same time. 
She paired the whole look with Christian Louboutin's. I mean, it was literally perfection. As soon as Deepika posted this on her Instagram I was astonished (to say the least), so of course I had to post it on my blog!



Image credits: GotCeleb, Getty Images, Hindustan Times & Celebs Next

Did you spot any of your favourites at NYFW?

Yogita x




Post Comment
Post a Comment