Top Social

Goodley Bullen AW17 Press Day | Asceno, The Fold, Kelly Simpkin & More

Saturday, 8 April 2017
On Thursday the 6th of April I attended the Goodley Bullen PR press day, that I was kindly invited to by Nazer. It was such a beautiful day in London so of course I was excited from the moment I rolled out of bed.
I had the opportunity to see some beautiful pieces from Pretty Ballerinas, Asceno, Wyse London, Tara Jarmon, Kelly Simpkin and The Fold.
There wasn't one piece that I wasn't salivating over (to be honest a bib would have been useful at this point). Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons when it comes to fashion. I love layering things, experimenting with different textures and different colours, so of course I had to share some of my favourites with you all because if your style is anything like mine, you will definitely be drooling over these pieces.





The embroidered loafers/mules from Pretty Ballerinas were right up my street. This style of footwear is everywhere and are totally in at the moment with the likes of Gucci taking full advantage of this trend. To resist this style is pretty much futile. The best thing about these shoes is that you can dress them up with a skirt or dress or keep it casual with a pair of jeans. The hype around this trend isn't going to die down any time soon by the looks of things.





I think we all remember the days when we wished we could go out in our pyjamas. Well our prayers were answered in SS16 when designers such as Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana showcased their sleepwear as outerwear last year on the catwalk and it's safe to say this trend has stuck around. 
These silk pieces from Asceno were SO soft. The prints were absolutely beautiful and the colours were to die for. If someone had let me loose I would have thrown myself at the clothing rails and ran through them (come on, we all did it when we were kids!). I would totally wear these pyjama tops tucked into a pair of jeans on a night out! Not only are these pieces from Asceno bang on trend but you can also have your pyjamas monogrammed, so they're perfect as a gift with a little personal touch! Asceno do a tonne of other pieces such as beachwear, jersey sleepwear and beautiful luxury beach coverups.




The first thing I noticed about these pieces from The Fold were the colours. They had some beautiful camel coloured dresses and coats and let's be real you can never go wrong with some earthy tones in your wardrobe. These pieces are extremely sophisticated, perfect as workwear. I love the message behind this brand, which is 'empowering professional women'. Their pieces are designed in London and manufactured in Europe. The colours, materials and style in general really reminded me of 1940s fashion, which I love! The colours are perfect for Autumn/Winter!



Can we just take a minute to admire these Tara Jarmon pieces? Look at those colours and prints! I had a look at Tara Jarmon's website as soon as I got home and the photos of their stores just had my full attention, their stores are very minimal so all of your attention is on their clothes, which of course it should be. It's very evident that Tara Jarmon loves to play around with colours, materials and prints. I love designers that mix things up and stand out in the crowd and Tara Jarmon is definitely one of those designers!



When you think of AW, you think earthy tones and layering up. Kelly Simpkin is not about that life. We're talking bright colours, ruffles and mixing materials. And I am obsessed. As soon as I saw Kelly Simpkin at the Goodley Bullen office I was extremely excited to see what was next because her SS17 collection was stunning, to say the least. My favourite piece was the Arch Scallop Skirt available here.




Wyse London's pieces were very minimal, which I love. Every now and then I saw a little pop of colour, whether it was rainbow stripes or gold buttons. I loved every little detail on their beautifully designed cashmere pieces. The pieces were also really soft, so they will be extremely comfortable to wear and we all know being comfortable during Autumn/Winter is always a plus. Less is definitely more when it comes to their pieces.

I am the most excited about Asceno and Pretty Ballerinas AW17 collections, mainly because they are very much my style and also they can be paired together. Let's just take a minute to imagine an Asceno silk pyjama shirt, some lovely skinny cropped jeans and some embroidered Pretty Ballerinas mules (yep it works!).
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Yogita x

Post Comment
Post a Comment