Top Social

Smith & Cult - Kundalini Hustle | The Perfect Red

Monday 3 April 2017

Am I the only one that struggles to find the perfect red nail polish?! Worry no more people. We are about to enter a struggle free blog post. I have found the perfect red nail polish and it's Kundalini Hustle from Smith & Cult. I feel like this shade of red would be beautiful on any skin tone and once you've tried it, it will most probably become your go-to shade. The thing I love most about red nail polishes, is that they go with anything, providing you have found the perfect red for yourself. Red is a colour that will never go out of fashion whether it's a lipstick, a pair of shoes or in this case, your nail polish.

I am such a huge fan of Smith & Cult. Their packaging is BEAUTIFUL, the best I've seen when it comes to nail polishes and the beauty doesn't end there. Their nail polishes are so long wearing and very pigmented. They're also free from Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Xylene and Ethyl Tosylamide Triphenyl Phosphate.

I know £19 might sound like a lot for a nail polish, but if you want a great product, sometimes you have to dig a little deeper. When it comes to Smith & Cult Nail Lacquers you really do get some serious bang for your buck. I'm not someone that wears nail polish on a regular basis so regardless of whether I've paid a lot or very little for my nail polishes, I feel like I get a lot of wear out of them in the long run (does that even make sense? Knowing me, it probably doesn't. But you get the jist). 
On the odd occasion where I choose to paint my nails, I want my nail polish to be chip free for as long as possible and Smith & Cult is my answer to long lasting nail colour.


I find some nail polishes have really flimsy applicators, the brush is all over the place and the lid is really hard to hold. With the Smith & Cult Nail Lacquers you can remove the gold part of the lid whilst it is still screwed on to reveal a smaller black top, that some may find a little easier to use. I don't really mind either to be honest because the lid itself has some serious weight to it, which I love. The brush itself is the perfect size to get an even wash of colour over your nails without painting your whole hand. The nail polish comes off really well with pretty much any nail polish remover with very minimal mess and effort, which is very useful because red nail polishes are amongst the hardest to remove.
Smith & Cult have some of the most beautiful nail colours I have ever come across. The shades are very muted, nothing in your face which is my kind of style. It's safe to say you probably won't find dupes for their shades (yes, they are that beautiful!) and the lacquers themselves have a lovely shine to them. The names of the shades are also really quirky and unique. I'm not a fan of getting my nails done professionally, unless it's a really special occasion (to me, nothing is ever that special). I prefer to paint my nails myself and I'm pretty good at it too, if I do say so myself. So as you can imagine my collection of nail polishes is pretty big huge. Smith & Cult and OPI are my favourite brands when it comes to nail polishes.

Smith & Cult Kundalini Hustle - available here 

Yogita x



Post Comment
Post a Comment