Top Social

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Serozinc Spray & Thermal Spring Water | Review

Monday 20 March 2017

Hi all! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I know I say this all the time but honestly, I had an incredible weekend but then again you can never complain about a weekend spent with family. I know it's only Monday but I am already looking forward to the weekend. It's Mother's Day on Sunday. I hope all you kids have something extra special planned. My sister and I are being little daredevils and getting our Mum's presents towards the end of the week, as we're working all week (we're all about that busy lifestyle). We're also taking her out for dinner. I think we're more excited than she is, but then again she has no idea of our plans. Hopefully she isn't reading this!

Today I will be talking about one of my favourite skincare brands, La Roche-Posay. This brand has been such a huge part of my acne journey. I first came across the brand whilst shopping in Boots and picked up the Effaclar Duo out of curiosity, when my sister came over to me and said she had read a tonne of great reviews on the product from people that had suffered from acne/scarring, so of course I had to purchase it and see what all the fuss was about. Now this was a really long time ago and I have been using it ever since and have really seen a difference on my acne scars, they are barely visible. I try not to use it as regularly as I used to, rather every few days as I don't want my skin to get used to it and then have the product stop working altogether. I would really recommend trying it out, if you are someone that suffers from or has done in the past from acne/scarring. 

What it says on the box:
  • Clinically proven to correct the appearance of blemishes
  • Unclogs blocked pores
  • Helps to refine skin texture
  • Controls the appearance of shine
  • Fights against the appearance of marks
I've never come across a product that does everything it says on the packaging, but the Effaclar Duo is definitely one of those rare products that do exactly what they claim to do. 

Before I went on holiday last year, I was on the lookout for some face sprays that would not only help cool me down in the hot weather but also help with my skin (and hopefully not break me out). Of course I went straight on to the La Roche-Posay website to see what I could find (I'm a loyal customer). I came across the Serozinc Spray and the Thermal Spring Water. 

The Serozinc Spray is specially formulated for oily and blemish prone skin. Now if you know me you will know that I haven't had a break out in absolutely ages but I do suffer from really oily skin and in countries with hot weather, oily skin is an absolute nightmare and I definitely didn't want to look like I had just enjoyed my Mum's amazing curry a little too much (to the point where I dunked my whole face in the pot). This really helped to keep my skin look as matte as it possibly could and it didn't break me out which was a huge plus. 
The Thermal Spring Spray is mainly just to soothe sensitive skin, refresh your skin after cleansing and hydrate your skin in warm weather. Both these prays worked extremely well together. After cleansing I would use the Serozinc spray because it does a little extra for your skin and the Thermal Spring Water was something I kept in my bag, so I could use it on the go to soothe my skin in the hot weather. Both these products are huge, 150ml to be accurate, so they will last you absolutely ages, just make sure you use them before the expiry date.
Both the Serozinc and Thermal Spring Water are hypoallergenic and don't contain any perfumes. The Thermal Spring Water is just pure thermal spring water, so it doesn't contain any other ingredients (how insane is that?).
La Roche-Posay is an extremely affordable brand, which is great especially if you're someone that is on the hunt for skincare products that are effective but won't break the bank.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - available here
La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray - available here
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water - available here

Please note that what works for me may not necessarily work for everyone. Just like clothes, what fits me may not necessarily fit you, but we all try things on! This is just what works for me and therefore I am sharing with you. I have used a lot of products in the past that were recommended by others but they didn't always work for me, which is fine. It takes a lot of time, trial and error to find things that work perfectly for you, so just be patient and always do your research!

Yogita x
Post Comment
Post a Comment